Saturday, October 31, 2009

Apple Picking 2k9

At the beginning of October we got to take Zach apple picking for his first time! Since this is an annual trip that we take with Nate and Kristie it's easy to look back and remember what was going on around the time of previous years trips. Last year I remember watching other families with their children riding around in wagons and sitting on their dad's shoulders to reach the high branches. I wondered if Greg and I would ever get to experience that and prayed that God would bless us with children. Little did I know that I was already several weeks pregnant and that God was giving us such a precious and perfectly healthy son!

The apples and scenery were wonderful, too and we had a blast picking apples and hanging out in the beautiful orchard.

A HUGH spider we saw between two trees. Don't be fooled, I was no where near as close as the picture looks, my zoom was helping out. Greg was proud of me for getting a picture at all . . . I'm completely terrified of spiders . . . *chills down my spine*

I'm pretty sure Nathan wanted the spider to jump on me. Brother-in-laws are the best =)


Normally I get to be the tree climber, but Greg got to do that this year since Zach was strapped on to me in the carrier. I lived vicariously through him instead, haha.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Next you'll be tromping off to get Zach's first Christmas tree!! :)
What fun & blessed times.