Saturday, October 4, 2008

Apple Picking 2k8

Per yearly tradition (with last year off), we went apple picking with Nate and Kristie at Sky Top Orchards. We had so much fun! This orchard has acres of pick your own apples and a vast array of varieties to choose from. Plus, it's on top of a mountain with breathtaking views on all sides. We of course had to taste each different type of apple before committing to picking it or not and by the time we left we were covered in juice (some more then others *cough*cough*) and completely full.

There were many other families out picking today; it was so much fun to see dads lifting their small children up to pick from the highest branches. It reminded me so clearly of our family apple picking outings when we were little and lived up in northern Virginia. I hope we get to make those same memories with our kids one day.

But for present, I will be cooking, baking, canning and freezing this week . . . I really can't wait!They also have a small vineyard

Greg bobbing for apples, only without water and a large tub.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Looks like so much fun Hil! I read about this place in the paper a few weeks back and really wanted to go. I think David and I will have to plan a trip next year:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks beautiful up there. I'd go just for the scenery but add an apple orchard and it's a definite "to do" next year!

The Brown Family said...

Great pictures Hilary! I'd love to try this orchard. I'll have to check the link you provided. Hope there are still apples on the trees :).

Love you! Gisele