Friday, October 30, 2009

Storytime with Dad

I absolutely LOVED to read when was I younger (and I still do, I just don't have as much time). I can clearly remember Saturday mornings sprawled out on the dining room floor right in front of our sliding glass door reading Nancy Drew for hours. The sun poured in and it was the most relaxing place (to a 10 year old) to lounge.

I'm determined that Zach will love to read just as much and it's never too early to start so I try to read to him each day. The other night, Greg was reading him a book before bed and I think Zach knew that each page turn was counting down to him being "forced" to sleep . . .



I'm not sure which is more sad . . . for him to hate sleep or reading?

3 comments:

Jen said...

Cute! Elaina was like that. I was so excited about reading to her and she was NOT having it. Now she'll sit and be mesmerized by a book for about 45 seconds to a minute. Her favorite part is turning the pages. So I read until she turns the page. Makes for more interesting stories! :0) He's such a good daddy. But somehow, I already knew that about him. He has "it."

Deb said...

It's GREAT to start reading to them this early.
And I love seeing Greg like this with Zach.
Thank you so much for sharing these pictures. Sweet.
We love you guys.

Em Campbell said...

wow, girl! I can hardly believe it. what a little champ! he sounds so strong and fun - just like a little man! congrats and God bless your new little fam! wish we could be around to watch him grow!