Wednesday, June 24, 2009

36 Weeks

It's so hard to believe that we have only 4 weeks left! 8 months ago, the end of July seemed forever away! It still does, actually, but when I stop and think about what 4 weeks is - 4 Sunday meetings, 20 work days for Greg (19 actually b/c of the 4th of July holiday), 6 softball games, 4 Saturdays to finish joint projects - it really feels super, super close! I'm getting so excited as well as very sobered by what a precious gift we're being given and what a big responsibility we're taking on.

The other night I was rocking a friend's child in Zach's room and as she calmed down and relaxed her little body, getting ready for sleep, I couldn't help but think of all the times I'll sit with Zach in that chair and play with him on the floor and read with him on the bed. *Contended sigh* I can't wait!

From What to Expect: Your little one is now about six pounds in weight and measures slightly more than 20 inches in length. Growth will slow down now in preparation for birth, so your baby will be able to fit the narrow passageway to the outside and so he or she can store up the energy needed for delivery.

PS - sometime I'll need to post a sampling of all the pictures that get taken when Greg shoots my belly shot . . . this time I had 3 belly pictures of me to choose from, 11 of the dog, 2 of our living room, 1 of the ceiling, and an assortment of stalker like pictures of me as I got ready to pose . . . It really is like giving a 5-year old a camera =)

3 comments:

The Brown Family said...

Yahooo! Only about 4 weeks to go!! We Brown's can't wait to meet sweet Zac!

Ashley said...

Lookin' good! Not too much longer now ;). My husband takes very similar belly shots....I'm really lucky to get one good one out of the bunch. The other day, he was all the way zoomed in to my face for practically ALL of the pics or he is either under my belly on the floor taking pictures saying "this is what someone would see if they were laying down and you walked around" lol.

Jen said...

Very, very cute. I'm so excited for you both. I can't wait to see pictures of him even if they include the ceiling and the dog. :0) He's going to be adorable because he's got two good-looking parents!

You both are going to do great. You're both emotionally mature and you have a great support system. Babies are just wonderful and I never completely understood that till I actually held Elaina in my arms for the first time last November. Here's hoping he comes soon! That last month is very physically uncomfortable. Sending you early delivery wishes. (but not too early. :0) )

Sorry we couldn't make it to the shower yesterday. I hope you had a blast!