Monday, June 8, 2009

33 Weeks

Only 7 more weeks (give or take a few depending on Zach's punctuality . . . ), I can hardly believe it. 9 months seems like eternity when I think about it but the time really has flown by. Working for the first 2 trimesters and having plenty of projects around the house has definitely helped the time pass more quickly, I'm sure.

Zach's movement has become much more noticable over the past week or 2, and not just to me. Zach is pretty chill for the majority of the day, I'll feel him stretch or what I'm assuming is rolling periodically; but then all of a sudden he morphs into a hyper toddler and, for lack of a better description, spazzes out. Limbs go everywhere and my belly looks like a shaken bowl of jello. It's hilarious to observe! It happened yesterday during chuch and Greg said he was just waiting to see a baby come popping through the skin. Hopefully we're all safe from witnessing that . . . but it certainly does feel like it could happen!

In other interesting baby news . . . I found out on Friday that Greg was 9lb 14oz when he was born. Quite different fromt the "8lbs something average" that I had previously been told. I've heard the old rule of thumb is that the baby's weight will be an average of both the parent's birth weights. I was liking the average of my 7lbs 3oz and Greg's nice 8 something . . . If the old wives tale is true, Zach should be in the 8 1/2 lb range . . . we shall see . . .

From What to Expect: This week your baby may be anywhere between 17 to 19 inches in length and weigh more than four and a half pounds. At this stage in fetal development, your baby could grow a full inch more this week alone — especially if he or she has been on the shorter side. Weight gain can range from a third more growth to a full doubling before the big debut.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

The Nilsen Nest said...

:) The freaking out at church I think is a result of worship! I think they love the music, Audrey always did that at church too :)

Jen said...

I agree, our praise and worship band could always get Elaina moving. Too cute. Look at Zach's weight as a positive thing. The bigger they are (to a point) the easier it is for your body to push them out. More to push and gravity to help. I hear bigger babies are easier than smaller babies. Time will tell! You look great pregnant, Hilary!

Jeanie said...

You look great! I can hardly believe Zach will be here so soon! We can't wait!

Anne said...

That's why epidurals are glorious:) 8 and a half pound babies feel the same as 7 pound ones, hehe:) Kate was 8 lbs 4 oz at birth and I really enjoyed her being "full figured", she didn't feel so fragile.

Hilary Ann said...

I like your way of thinking, Anne =)

LeahHawkins said...

Yeah evan was pretty much around the same as greg... and all the baby on that side on the family had large heads.. oh goody!

Meg said...

I completely agree about big babies!! Laurel was a real chunker at 8.5 and I LOVED labor and delivery...it was so fun and exciting! Also, it doesn't mean he will stay huge because 10 months later Laurel is only 17 lbs!

Can't wait to see pictures of little Zach!

Mom said...

Bigger babies tend to sleep better and when the baby sleeps better, so does the momma. =)

Deb said...

Both my babies were over 9 pounds. And I agree with the other comments about them sleeping & eating better. But, whatever Zach weighs, it will be a JOY for you to have him...finally! And God's timing is perfect.
BTW, Hil, you are BEAUTIFUL!! :)