Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Biltmore Gardens

Once again Greg and I traveled up to Asheville to visit Biltmore Estate. We've seen the house enough for now, but with all the gardens in bloom, we decided it was a perfect time to bring Spartacus and walk around the grounds. I'm so glad we did!

We took advantage of the many benches along the garden paths . . . something about the heat and being pregnant didn't mix as much as I thought it would =) It was a wonderful way to spend a leisurely Saturday. We of course had to check out some of the fish, too.

Apparently my belly is still a little on the smallish size for being in my 8th month (being tall is finally paying off!), so I was very surprised when so many people commented on my belly or, more often, stared at it as we passed by; this was really the first time for me to experience that in large quantities. They also could have been staring at my sausage fingers . . . but water retention and swollen limbs is a topic for another day.

And speaking of babies . . . my blog posts don't seem to stray to far from that subject anymore . . . Zach is growing right along and so am I. I'll try to get an updated picture up this weekend. He's weighing in between 4 and 4 1/2 lbs right now and in my non-medical opinion has really, really long limbs . . . he sure can get those legs going when he kicks!





Poppies, my most favorite flowers to see in nature
Posted by PicasaGreg and Spartacus in the bamboo forest, right before I impaled my foot on a fallen piece of bamboo . . . I keep things exciting around here =)

3 comments:

Anne said...

I was so caught off guard by people staring at my belly when I was pregnant, especially men!

Jen said...

I remember the kicking. Oh, when they get right under your ribs and you lose your breath for a second. I loved being pregnant but I don't miss the kicking! It won't be long now, yay!

The Brown Family said...

Love the pictures Hilary!! As old as my guys are I STILL remember the kicks :). That's a boy for ya!