Saturday, July 4, 2009

37 Weeks

No picture this week . . . maybe I'll come back and add one, but I'm still sitting in my pj's as I type this and that's been a general theme of this week. It's been pretty hot and humid this week in Charlotte and my body has also been fighting off a bug that's flying around. So between feeling exhausted, sticky, and dehydrated there just haven't been many photo-ops =)

Looking at the calendar though has been motivating for me to be up and at 'em today . . . 3 weeks left!! As I type, I've got a HUGE pot of spaghetti sauce (yes, Kristie, the secret recipe) cooking on the stove in preparation for the freezer meals I'm hoping to assemble this weekend.

The highlight of this weekend though is that Mawmaw and Pawpaw (my mom's parents) are finally moving to Charlotte!! It's been a lengthy process (as is to be expected when anyone moves for the first time in 40 years) but tomorrow the moving van rolls in to town!

From What to Expect: With just three more weeks to go and at about six and a half pounds (though weight and height vary from fetus to fetus), your baby is doing just fine. You can expect weight gain to be about half an ounce per day. (Boys, though, are likely to be heavier at birth than girls. And here's a bit of boy baby trivia to back that one up: Moms carrying boys tend to eat more than moms carrying girls — a foreshadowing of teenage refrigerator raids to come.) Since your little one is considered full-term at 37 weeks pregnant, if your baby was to leave the wet nest this week, he or she would likely thrive.

1 comment:

The Brown Family said...

Welcome Mawmaw and Grandpa! I'm so glad they'll be here for Zach's grand entrance! God is so good :).