Monday, February 9, 2009

There are so many things that I would love to blog about today, but I'm already late in getting ready to leave for work (I don't think I posted about that either, but I'm working for H&R Block through tax season). Sorry I haven't been keeping the blog updated . . . We've really been in survivor mode around here and when it comes down to spending 30 minutes cleaning the bathroom or 30 minutes blogging, well, honestly, I choose neither and usually end up falling asleep on the couch. So, yes, life has been interesting for 2 people that are typically obsessed with having a spotless house. Dishes have accumulated in our sink for a couple of days at a time and we've been reaching back to the farthest corner of the closet for clean clothes (most of which should have remained in the far recesses). But I must admitt that although on first glance the past 3 months have not looked that appealing, Greg and I have been learning so much about each other and that makes all the sickness nearly worth it (and then the thought of a healthy baby in July and makes all the rest ok, too). We've learned even more how to work like a team (which I didn't know was possible) and have seen our own self-sufficiency revealed and *hopefully* are dealing with that sin in a way that will bear much fruit for the future. I would love to look back on this time of my life and see that I grew in trusting in the Lord and relying on Him to get through everyday.

The "all-day sickness" is beginning to lift and I've upgraded myself from constantly nauseous to constantly queasy. I'm hoping that this is the evidence of an upward trend and that I'll be back to my old self in no time at all. Well, as much as my old self as a pregnant woman can expect to be =)

We've got some fun plans in the work over the next few weeks . . . hopefully there will be pictures to put up and some more interesting posts to read!

2 comments:

Charlotte Sandifer said...

Hey Hilary... I'm sure you've already gotten tons of suggestions on how to cope with your pregnancy nausea.. but just in case you haven't heard of this.. thought I'd pass it on. There are these band things you can get from CVS called Sea-Band which I use for all my car trips because I get really nauseous.. but I noticed on there that it says mothers with morning sickness use them all the time because they don't have any medication so no complication with the baby etc. Its basically just a little pressure point thing that somehow relieves nausea.. It works amazing for me for car trips.. if you've never looked into them.. it might be worth a go.. they're only like $10 at CVS.

This is them:
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=152291&catid=10714

Maybe it will help.. perhaps you've already tried them.. but in any case.. thinking of ya and I'll be praying your nausea goes away naturally! :)

-Charlotte

The Brown Family said...

Bless you sweet friend!! May the Lord continue to grow your precious little one while comforting the mommy :).