Tuesday, February 24, 2009

(The) Biltmore Estate

For Valentine's Day we went to Biltmore Estate with the Hawkins. Notice how I made an intentional point of not calling it THE Biltmore Estate, because as Evan spoke to us for about 10 minutes on our way off the estate, the signage and and staff call it simply Biltmore. Not The Biltmore. See I was listening.

We had a great time with them, as always. I didn't get too many pictures because you can't take pictures inside the house and it was pretty cold so we didn't hang outside for too long.





The real reason we all spent Valentine's together . . .


The wine library . . .

We'll be headed back to Biltmore several more times this year, making the most of our passes. I'm really looking forward to the visit where I can finally sample some of their wine. I smelled everything Leah and Greg tasted, but it's just not the same. They do, however, make some amazing grape juice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how true it is