Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2 weeks

In 2 weeks we will *hopefully* find out if we're having a boy (Zachary Thomas) or a girl (Aubrey Grey). I've been told by my doctors that Pinto here (see the original ultrasound picture here to understand why this nickname) is really quite active and the movement that I've begun to feel confirms that. We don't have any fears about not getting a money shot =)

We've had these names picked out for a long time . . . I heard the name Aubrey in a movie at some point during college and just loved it. I'm not sure at what point I paired it with Grey, but Greg fell in love with the name and we've never really seriously considered another name for our first girl. Aubrey is historically a boy's name, but recently has begun to be used for girls, too. After falling in love with it, we realized that it's a family name of some of our dearest friends, so that makes it all the more special to us!

Zachary Thomas was a little more difficult to decide upon. It's a tradition in Greg's family for a son (in Greg's case, the only son) to have his mother's maiden name as his middle name. Thus Carol "used-to-be-Clark" Ross gave birth to Gregory Clark. Now, sorry Dad and Grandpa, but we decided that Baumgartner was just not middle name material. So we've replaced my maiden name with a family name instead. Thomas is my dad's middle name and his dad's first name. And much easier to spell than Baumgartner. We looked through lists and lists and lists to find a strong first name that matched up nicely with Thomas and finally decided upon Zachary which means "God has remembered".


I can hardly wait to name this baby in 2 weeks!


PS - cast a vote on our poll and let us know what you think . . . boy or girl?

PPS - belly pictures coming soon . . . I've finally started showing!


8 comments:

Anne said...

I really like your name picks! I grew up knowing a girl named Aubrey...I've always thought it was such a unusual and beautiful name.

Can't wait to see a belly pic!

The Brown Family said...

Can't wait to see the belly picks! Oh- Aubrey is my maiden name and Taylor's middle name- so that's why I'm partial to it :).

Love you!

Hilary Ann said...

Yes, you are in fact the dearest friends to whom I was referring =)

Ashley said...

I am so excited for you! I love both names. We actually picked Grey as one of our future boy's middle names and I have always loved the name Aubrey. Are you shooting for a boy or girl?? How many weeks along are you??

Hilary Ann said...

Greg would love to have a boy, but I don't really have a preference. We'll be perfectly happy either way as long as he/she is healthy!

I'm 19 weeks getting ready to head into week 20 this weekend . . . I can't believe the time has flown by this fast!

The Nilsen Nest said...

Audrey said she votes for Aubrey :) So happy and excited for ya'll! Can't wait to hear the news! Praying for the pinto!!!

Allie Bea said...

I'm still pulling for Cletus Manford. . . =)

meghann said...

okay, so you know you stole our name for a girl;)
we will just have to be okay with 2 aubreys in the church.......provided we EVER have a girl anyhow!!!!!!
LOVE the names tho.....can't wait to see what your having...whatever it is...it will be beautiful!!!!!