Tuesday, August 5, 2008

a daily record, as of occurrences, experiences, or observations

I was organizing our bookshelves a little bit yesterday and came upon some old journals that for one reason or another weren't packed away in the attic. I'm a very inconsistent journal-er and whenever I go back and read I always wish that I was more devoted to it because I LOVE reading the details and the memories that I'd forgotten over the years. The journals I found yesterday spanned the years from 2002 to 2005 (thankfully my high school journals are in the attic, those are kind of embarrassing to read . . . haha).

Anyways, there was a specific entry that made me laugh out loud, and Greg, too, when I read it to him:

July 12, 2004

(This was a rather long post summerizing my time at Celebration - a retreat our church used to go on every summer)

One night Greg, Evan, Leah and I played Hand and Foot [a card game]. Greg and Ev beat us badly, but it was Leah's first time playing. If we all get married, we're going to have to take some family vacations together and hopefully when the guys get married they will pour their affections on their wives rather than on each other - - it was getting a little annoying =)

Case in point:




Leah and I certainly had some competition, but thankfully everything has turned out just the way we hoped it would =)

5 comments:

kendra said...

oh... i remember those days. Why was evan always on Greg's lap? It was never the other way around.

Lora said...

I usually don't post, just read and enjoy, but this post made me laugh out loud! I didn't know you guys back then... and I just can't imagine anyone but you sitting on Greg's lap! But I see you have (5!) pictures to prove it! (I'm still laughin'...)

LeahHawkins said...

Oh my gosh! I am crying laughing!

Hilary Ann said...

Kendra - evan was a lightweight and greg would have crushed him . . . and Greg says he wore the pants in their relationship anyways . . .

Lora - those were just the 5 pictures i found the fastest . . . there are more =)

kendra said...

i think I have about 4 others like this...