Friday, April 10, 2009

25 weeks

I seemed to have popped . . . =) I'm definitely wearing maternity pants all the time now (until about a week ago I was still able to use the rubber band trick to give me some extra inches on my jeans) but I'm still wearing mostly pre-pregnancy shirts. With the empire waist style of shirts being so popular and my belly being on the smaller side still, it's been working really well. But I'm realizing that may only last another week or so . . .

Zach is quite active and Greg's able to feel him move a lot more now, which is super fun for me. I get to feel him move all the time which is truly amazing, but there's just something about watching Greg's face when he feels his son kick his hand. I'm quite certain that the extra pregnancy hormones add to the emotions of those moments, too =)

From What to Expect: Your baby is about nine inches long and more than a pound and a half in weight this week. And don't look now (as if you could), but your baby's skin is turning pinker as small blood vessels form under the skin and fill with blood. Lungs and nostrils are also growing at this stage of fetal development.

8 comments:

The Nilsen Nest said...

How exciting! And you're SO cute! :)

Anne said...

You did pop! You look loverly:) Reading about Zach kicking makes me want to be pregnant again! Good thing husbands are harder to convince:)

Anonymous said...

Hilary,

Now that you've the pleasure of having a sweet little baby bump...

Check out the BellaBand some Dept Stores carry it, but so does our Target. Well worth the investment.

I have it now in my third pregnancy and wish I could have had it for the first two. I have been able to wear my favorite pair of pre-pregnancy jeans with the BellaBand the whole pregnancy. Only a week and three days to go and I'm still loving it. It machine washes so well and bounces back like new every time.

You can also get use out of it after the baby arrives while you wait for your body to return to it's pre-pregnancy shape.

You can check it out here at ingrild & isabel.

http://www.ingridandisabel.com/

Rosemary

LeahHawkins said...

Ha ha you're pregnant!!

Allie Bea said...

Looking good.

The Brown Family said...

I love it! Can't wait to meet sweet Zach :)

Reesa said...

Hey Girl. I was fun to talk to you tonight, even if only for a minute or two. Her is the blog address for the Dotys. Bless you!Teresa...;o)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.