Thursday, June 7, 2007

Hanging Rock

I discovered more pictures that I forgot to post . . . I'll try to get better about this . . . =) These pictures are from our camping trip with Evan and Leah a few weeks ago. We spent the night the with them at their apartment on Friday night and then drove to Hanging Rock State Park on Saturday morning (it's about 45 minutes from their house). We hiked up Hanging Rock and lunch on the mountain and then visited a truly beautiful waterfall that afternoon. The boys got to go fishing twice and took Leah and I out with them on one of the trips.

Besides getting to spend time with our friends, my favorite part about the trip was the campfire. I'm kind of a pyro so open flames a real treat for me =) Plus, everything tastes better when it's cooked out of doors (Leah says it's because we go into survival mode . . . ).

Greg and I had a race to see who could set up the tent faster . . . I set up the one on the right =)













We saw this tree on our way up the mountain


















On the summit













The boys at the falls



























We saw this other weird tree while fishing


















1 comment:

Greg said...

let's not forget that your tent was half the size =)