Thursday, June 28, 2007

Charleston, Bookshelves and Haircuts

Despite the lack of posting, there actually has been quite a bit going on at the Ross house recently. I just forget to post =)

Our first anniversary was June 17th. It's really hard to believe that we've been married for a year already! It seems like the time has flown since our wedding but at the same time it's really hard for me to remember what it was like without waking up next to Greg every morning. God has been so good to us this past year.

To celebrate, Greg took me down to Charleston where he proposed to me (exactly 1 1/2 years ago, Dec. 17, 2006) and we had a wonderful recounting the past year as well as what exactly we were doing on our wedding day and the day we got engaged.

We spent the first day we were there at the Isle of Palms

This is the spot were Greg proposed to me!

When we got back we started on our next house project, building bookshelves. I LOVE BOOKS and it shows . . . I have boxes and boxes of books that have been piled (somewhat messily, I admit) in our office. We were blessed to have a built in bookcase at the apartment we rented, but we've needed something for our house. We've looked and looked at yard sales and online for several months so we decided it would be best for us to build them ourselves. This is the biggest carpentry project we've taken on, so we're pretty excited about it. We finished the building part on Monday and we'll be working on the sanding and staining part over the next few weeks.

There will be 2 bookshelves this size when we are done

And since our house was getting a little bit of a makeover, we decided to get little makeovers, too. Kind of. Chelle finished up her haircutting division at the Aveda Institute this past week and needed a male and female hair model to test out. I was super excited to get a long needed haircut, and she did a FANTASTIC job! She will be out on the floor cutting hair in the next month or so . . . I highly recommend her!

Greg getting his buzz cut


3 comments:

LeahHawkins said...

you should keep your hair like that!

Hilary Ann said...

I think I will . . . Greg likes it a lot . . . now if I could just get Chelle to move in with me and fix my hair every morning . . .

Topharmers Wife said...

Your hair looks great!