Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Saying Goodbye

December is always a busy month. It's supposed to be. With all the shopping, wrapping, baking, decorating, partying, and family-ing (just needed to make that flow . . .) December seems to always fly by and then, before you know it, it's the next year. I wish I could say that this year was no different, but it was. On December 2nd my Grandpa Tom Baumgartner passed away from a heart attack. The following days brought about many tears, much preparation for a flight to CA, reunions with family (some of which we hadn't seen in years) and remembrances of a wonderful man. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.

We named our son after him and I'm sitting here in tears now knowing that they will never meet. Here at least.

"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die." (John 11:25-26)

Grandpa had a true faith in Jesus Christ that he lived out in his actions and love towards others. We do not grieve as those who have no hope, for we will see him again in heaven. And I pray that someday Zach will share that same faith and that when his days on earth end he will meet his great-grandfather and they will worship our Savior together.

No comments: