Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Christmas Morning

I'm not sure why exactly I have this need to post month old pictures . . . but somewhere in my mind is the thought that if I don't post pictures from all of our important events, that I will forget that they happened. Unlikely, but since I listen to the voices in my head far too often, here are pictures from our Christmas(es).

First off, Christmas morning at our house. *Disclaimer: We do not get dressed up all cute for Christmas morning. Someday, maybe I will start washing my face and putting on some makeup before the photo frenzy . . . but at the age of 25 that still seems like over doing it . . . maybe 26 year old Hilary will feel differently about it (but probably not . . . ).*

Greg got me a remote for my SLR that allows us to operate the camera from in front of it. First family self-picture with no timer!

And while this remote is super fun, it is not magical. I does not make your child face the camera despite how many pictures you take (in fact, Zach is staring at the remote in Greg's hand)

Nor does is keep your dog from invading said child's personal space.

But Greg's smile is nice.

Just thought I should point out something redeeming from the gross fest.

Zach got some sippy cups and spent a better part of the morning trying to figure out what they were for. Banging yourself in the head? Chewing on? Pouring water into your eye? As you can see, he did finally get the hang of it.

And Greg's contribution to the stockpile of pictures that morning. This is our back patio. Apparently the dying leaves on the blueberry bush were beautiful. Not that I can mock . . . have you seen my photog skills?


Oh, and here are Zach and I on Christmas Eve . . . he was looking quite studly =)

3 comments:

Greg said...

I thought the colors on the leaves were pretty but I was lacking motivation to step outside into the cold to take a quality picture. Thanks for posting my "art"...I really appreciate it ;-)

Em Campbell said...

so fun to see your man growing!

Em

Em Campbell said...

uhm, the little man, that is.