Thursday, January 7, 2010

Backtracking . . . Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving, we were able to spend it with my family. Mom and Dad hosted all of us (Mom's entire immediate family) and we had so much fun EATING all day long. Despite having both my digital camera and camcorder with me, I only managed to get 2 pictures. Both of the same thing, no less! Oh well . . . I learned my lesson and took a bazillion (yes, literally) at Christmastime.

Unfortunately, I didn't get everyone's faces in either of the snaps (and Zach was napping during this time, too!) . . . so for your viewing pleasure, both of my Thanksgiving pictures. Try not to be overwhelmed =)

I've probably said this before, but Thanksgiving is my all time favorite holiday. I love the cooking and the baking and the eating and regret for finishing your plate, the family time, the constant tally of how many times the story of the uncooked oyster dressing is mentioned. I love it all! I have so many fond memories of Thanksgiving growing up and how my parents made it a day all about family and spending time together as well as recounting how many things we have to be truly grateful for. This year was no different! Now if only I had the pictures to prove it . . .

1 comment:

Allie Bea said...

I wish we had had a tape recorder there...so we could remember what everyone was thankful for...bahahahaha.