Friday, May 15, 2009

30 weeks

Here I am at 30 weeks, I can't believe there are only 10 weeks left! I still have a lot to do before Zach arrives, but we're starting to get things done. This weekend I assembled the stroller and snapped the visor on the car seat and I have to admit that I've gone in to his room, sat on the bed, and just stared at it every day since. We have several other pieces of baby equipment, but there is just something about that tiny little car seat that makes the anticipation grow more and more!



From What to Expect: Your baby's height and weight haven't changed much in the past week, but the big news is your baby's brain gain. Until now, the surface of your baby's brain was smooth. Now, your fetus's brain is taking on those characteristic grooves and indentations. The reason for this change in appearance? Those wrinkles allow for an increased amount of brain tissue — a necessary change as your developing baby prepares for life outside your womb, and the street smarts he or she will need.

Another big change at 30 weeks pregnant: Your baby's bone marrow has taken over production of red blood cells (before, tissue groups and then the spleen took care of producing the blood cells). This is an important step for your baby, because it means he or she is better able to thrive on his or her own once born (with a little TLC from you, of course).
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

SA said...

You look great! Hope everything continues to sail smoothly through to the end.

PS-the Amish bread was delicious!

-Sally Ann

David Malament said...

Aww, I left Kate's stroller and car seat combo in the living room for weeks and would just stare at it too! I don't even know how many times I snapped the car seat in and out too:) Zach's birth is fast approaching!
(this is Anne, not David, by the way, too lazy to resign in)

LeahHawkins said...

Hey You! I know I sit and ponder too (though I'm not expecting), especially life transitions... it's going to be great! I will be holding your belly all Saturday!

Deb said...

Hilary! I'm a little behind-the-times replying here, but I've finally entered the world of blogs!(visit mine at pauldebsblog.blogspot.com)
Now I can comment on others too :)

I can't wait to see you in just a few weeks now, when Becky & I come down there. Yay! I am so happy for you & GERG. We love you.