Saturday, September 6, 2008

We are the Champions . . .

Last night we had our friends JB and Chuck over for dinner and games. Now, I'm not sure about the rest of you couples, but Greg and I would much rather play on opposing teams then be partners. We are both really competitive and it's just more fun that way! So JB and I took on Greg and Chuck in a game of Sequence. As we dealt the first hand we wondered aloud if the teams were actually fair, because both Greg and Chuck have the ability to turn any game into a game of high strategy. It wasn't looking too good for JB and I. But then we won 7 games in a row. Yes, 7.

After playing for 2 hours, Greg and Chuck finally won their first game and instead of playing best of 15, we called it a night and they considered themselves fortunate for besting us just once. That's what a great team JB and I make =) And Taylor (JB's brother and sometimes referee when Greg and I get too competitive) will be happy to know that no fights broke out.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Unfortunately, David and I have competitive fights even on the same team:)

The Brown Family said...

I'm such a proud mom :).

kendra said...

that is why i like you 2. Because you are competitive. It makes me feel... normal.
That is not the only reason i like you guys. But it is in the top 4.