Saturday, September 6, 2008

Old stuff

I finally took the pictures off my camera from the past couple of months. My to-do list is much happier now! I honestly had forgotten how long it's been - - the oldest pictures on there were from our weekend at the beach in June. Yikes! I won't go back that far for posting purposes, but here are a couple fun things we've been up to more recently:
For my birthday, Greg took to me to this really fun drive-in in Belmont. It was our first time to go to a drive-in theatre and we had a blast! The gates opened around 6:30 but the movies (it was a double feature) didn't start until 8:30, so we spread out our picnic blanket and played cards until it was dark. We're already making plans to go back.

Later that week we went to our favorite sushi place, Rusan's, for dinner. This was an attempt at a self portrait of the both of us, but obviously didn't work as planned. The food was delicious and Greg got to practice his chopstick skills.

The last Saturday in August we took a day trip up to Montreat with my parents to see Allie play in her preseason tournament. There are only 3 returning players from last year (1 jr and 2 sophmores) so it's a very young team plus they have a new coach this year. They played well in their games that day, but never won a full set. We're looking forward to heading back up to watch her play sometime soon.

On Labor Day we went hiking at South Mountain State park with my parents and Spartacus. It was a beautiful day for being outdoors! We had a great hike, a wonderful lunch by the waterfall (food always tastes better outside!) and even found a peach stand on the way home. It was a good day!



3 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds like such fun! Next time you go to South Mountain, you should stop back by this little winery which is on the way called Wood Mill Winery. Gene and I went hiking and then did the little (no exaggeration) winery tour and tasting on the way home. It was fun and we enjoyed this neat little place.

kendra said...

rusans is the best EVVVVEEERRRRRRRRRR

Allie Bea said...

Now I know what I look like after I get a kill. . .haha..pretty scary. =) Thanks again for coming! Love you sis!