Thursday, April 12, 2007

Fishermen

On Good Friday Greg and I went on our first trout fishing trip. It was a beautiful day, cold, but beautiful. We drove up to South Mountain State Park, a little less than 2 hours north of us.

We spent a lot of time hiking around to the different streams an
d creeks, but caught nothing for the first 2 or 3 hours. Then we hit the jackpot; we found a small stream and we could see about 8 or 10 trout hanging out and we caught 6 of them in the next 45 minutes. It was soooo much fun! I caught the first 2 (one of which was the biggest catch of the day) and then Greg caught the last 4. We took our catch over to our friend Kyle's house and his dad taught Greg how to clean them and Kyle cooked them up for us for dinner. It was a pretty amazing meal. We stuck 2 of them in our freezer for later . . .


Greg fishing













My first catch!













Greg's first catch



























Spartacus on the ride home, he was exhausted!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Hey Hilary! Good to find you here :-) did you catch your trout on a fly rod? Will is a great fly fisherman and is making the attempt at teaching me! I really love it. I'm glad you and Greg are doing so well!
Love,
Meg

Hilary Ann said...

Hey Meg! I'd love to try fly fishing sometime, but we were just using standard rods this time. We're just learning and I'm loving it so far, it's so relaxing (usually) and I love being outdoors. I bet it's even prettier in TN . . .

Jeanie said...

Hilary,
Yeah! Another blogger. I'll enjoy reading it...even though we live across the street :)
Love ya
Jeanie :)