Monday, November 9, 2009

3 Months

I know it's a little late . . . but better late than never, yes?

We're are enjoying this little man more and more with every passing day! He didn't have a well visit this month, so we're not sure of his exact growth, just that he is growing! He's moved up to the next size of clothing, and it's probably about time to move him up to the next size of diapers (we've dealt with some pretty bad blowouts the past couple of days). He's very liberal with his smiles and a couple times a day we can get him laughing - that's the best!

He's still super strong, pushing himself up like a champ, spinning in circles during tummy time, and he's starting to push himself backwards. The other day I had him on a blanket next to me while I was on the computer and I looked down to see that he had pushed himself right off the blanket. I really don't think I'm prepared for him to moving that much yet!

Night time has been going wonderfully, for several weeks now he's been sleeping 11-12 hours through the night . . . it's amazing. We lay him down between 7:30 and 8 and he sleeps straight through until 7 or 8. I can hardly believe that life is settling into a livable pace this early on!

He most definitely has the characteristics of a first born (I would know . . . ) and it's fun to see his little personality coming out. Yesterday at church I was sitting in the lobby with a couple other moms with boys a few months older than Zach during the sermon. The "older boys" were sitting up on their own and playfully grabbing toys from each other. Zach was ever so intently watching them while laying on his belly. Every once in a while he would furrow his brow and squeal at them. They would turn to look at him and he would bust out a huge smile . . . Someone loves being the center of attention . . . =)

3 comments:

Mamaw said...

That is one handsome little dude. Yes, I'm biased. =)

Jeanie said...

I agree. Zach is one of the most handsome little dude's I've ever seen too! Last night I had a dream that Alathea married someone named Zach...funny if it really happened ;)

Allie Bea said...

What a stud!