Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm not sure quite how to start this post, so bear with me, but I'm going to jump right in.

This past Friday, Greg and I went in for an ultra-sound and found out that God took our little baby to be with Him a couple of weeks ago. We are still processing all the emotions and thoughts that come with such a shock. Because of the type of miscarriage that I've had, I'm still feeling all the pregnancy symptoms so that in and of itself makes it difficult for it really to sink that we won't be holding our much anticipated baby come February.

I can say, however, that never in our lives have we felt so cared for and loved by our friends, family, and church. Thank you to each of you who have hugged me in person or over the phone, sent an email, left a message and especially to all who are praying for us.

I don't want in anyway to sound like the person who spouts off the "right answers" just because they know that is what they should say. I have been dealing with anger, confusion, self-pity, and pretty much rest of the gamut of sinful emotions. But what the Lord has been reminding me of over the past few days is that there is no earthly joy that can come close to joy of my salvation. My life has already been defined and my joy is secure in Him.

I look forward to the day when I can hold my babies in heaven (this is actually our 2nd miscarriage) and also to the day when I can, Lord willing, hold my very own baby here on earth. Until those days come, though we don't understand why, we do know that we can trust in God's goodness and faithfulness. On Sunday we sang a song in church by Bob Kauflin that has been stuck in my head ever since:

You are worthy to be praised
With my every thought and deed
O great God of highest heav'n
Glorify Your Name through me

10 comments:

Jeanie said...

Hil- My heart aches for you- I cried tears when Joe told me of this. Please know that while I am away I have been praying for you many times a day. I love you so very much and wish I could take some of the pain away...but I know only the Lord can- thus I will pray!! One passage that I have always loved in times like this is Ps. 131. I respect the way you have lifted your eyes to the Lord in the midst of the tears, pain & confusion. Take comfort in the Lords arms. I love you!!

Unknown said...

Hillary, I am so sorry. I'm floundering to know what to say and teary, but am also really encouraged by your honesty about your pain and even more by the hope you are clinging to right now. That says a lot about your heart and the grace
God is giving you to glorify Him in such a hard time. The gospel is shining beautifully through you right now and that speaks volumes to those of us who are watching. Thank you for intentionally blessing His name in the midst of a painful loss. Your post reminded me of Paul in Phil 3. I'll be praying for you and please let me know if there's anything I can do.

LeahHawkins said...

I'm misty over here sweet woman! I'm coming into town this evening... hang out tomorrow? I'll call you tonight and we can set something up. love you!

Kathryn said...

Love ya, Hil

The Brown Family said...

We love you two so much and are indeed praying-
Your fans- The Brown's

Anne said...

I have been and will continue to pray for you and Greg!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear sweet Hillary...we've been where you are now, and are weeping with you ! Lot's of love and prayers.

Keep a hope for the future!

The Bennett's

kendra said...

praying for you sweet friend! I'm at a loss for words, but i love you and greg so much!

The Honea Pad said...

Sister. I am very proud of you and your honesty! I can honestly say that I can see How the Lord is walking you through this and how His Perfect will is being carried out. I know that there are no Human words that can offer you peace abd understanding but Know that the LORD holds you in his hands as does he your children. How amazing to trust in his promises and to know that he cares for you and that you will be united with those lives one day. How amazing that even now they can worship the Lord in Heaven and wait to greet you when you arive! I love you and Greg and we are grieving with you. I know that the Lord is with you and is pleased with your response to his call to Trust him and believe in His work! I love you!
Kris

JJandFive said...

Hilary, I came across your blog through Robin M's. (Her blog list is practically a church directory!)
I had no idea you miscarried (twice!). I will be praying for you. I've never had a miscarriage, but certainly have experienced not being able to have a baby by my time table.
If you ever want to talk give me a call.
I'll pray for you.
Juli