Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Current Favorite Picture


This is from a couple weeks ago at a LeCrae concert that we went to with Mission 28. I can't remember what was so funny . . . but apparently something was. About an hour after this picture was taken, Kyle and I both fell asleep in our seats . . . in the middle of the concert . . . I think that means we are older than we think . . .

The concert was definitely a little out of my preferred music range . . . LeCrae is a Christian rapper (VERY different from my preferred genre of country music) and also a gifted speaker. I was very unsure if I'd enjoy the concert and though you will probably never catch his music playing on my iPod, I did appreciate the way he spoke so clearly about Christ in his lyrics. He highly esteemed the Lord's name in the songs he played that night and spoke out forcefully against worldliness. It's exciting to see God using him to reach a demographic that the Chris Tomlins of our time will probably never get to.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can definitely see where you're coming from. Dee (our bro-in-law) is close friends with a lot of the guys from Cross Movement (LaCrea included, I'm pretty sure)the -and actually plans to move to Philly to help out with the church they all go to - which has eventually led to Josh being a big fan and us going to several of their concerts. I didn't like them at all initially and still don't choose to listen to them on my own, but they definitely have some of the deepest, theologically rich lyrics I've heard out of most Christian artists. And you're right, their influence reaches WAY more people than a lot of the other guys we like to listen to. I had NO idea how many people listened to rap and hip hop until I taught in public school. Pretty much every kid no matter what they looked like. Crazy.

All that to say, thanks for posting your thoughts....and cute picture!