Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fall

Fall is my absolute favorite season . . . and it's finally on its way. The high in Charlotte is down to the 80's (which, for me and my freakish coldness means it's almost sweater weather), the breeze is blowing, and a large pot of soup and homemade bread is on the menu for next week.

This fall also marks my "retirement" from the professional world. At the end of September I'll be leaving the job I've been at for the past year and I'll get to be a full time homemaker! I'm so so so very excited. It was a difficult decision to make, I really enjoy being an accountant (really, I do!), our savings account has really liked me having a job, and I have had a job since I was in 10th grade (with maybe a 3 month break in there during my Sr. year of high school). It's going to be a huge change for me! But Greg and I are full of faith that this is the way that God is leading us and I'm so excited for all of the 'pros' of this change! I'll get to finish up projects around the house, develop my hobbies, spend more time studying the Bible and growing in my relationship with the Lord, build relationships with many of the wonderful ladies that God's put in my path, and so much more (that list isn't necessarily in order of importance).

The next question that most people have been asking as soon as I tell them that I'm "retiring" is "Are you pregnant." No, I'm not. Just thought I'd clear that up before I got even more questions =)

I'm super excited for Sept. 28 to come along and so thankful for the time that I'll have not working before we have children. I know that's not the case for many women, so I definitely see this as a tremendous blessing, not a right to which I am entitled. So, if you think about it, pray for me as head into this new season that the Lord would use this time to prepare me for what's to come and that one day as I look back I would see that much fruit was born - and that I wouldn't waste any of my new found "free-time".

So here's to fall! Warm soup, fresh bread, cozy sweaters, "retirement" . . . here I come!

5 comments:

The Nilsen Nest said...

You go girl! I sure am going to miss you! But I soooooo am looking forward to staying home soon as well! Maybe then we can spend more time together! :)P.S. I LOVE Fall too! And your picture of the trees!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!! It is a difficult decision,and I'm sure you and Greg have made it wisely and prepared for this time. May the Lord bless you as you seek to grow as a homemaker during this time! What fun!...OH...and yea fall!!! Robin M

LeahHawkins said...

So I thought you maiden name started with a B... something like "Babymaker"? Hilary Babymaker Ross... oh that's right you dropped your maiden name.. my mistake...;) Love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you too! I know you won't get bored. You have too many things that you've been wanting to do for quite some time. Time will fly by. . . enjoy every moment. Love you, Mom

Jeanie said...

Yeah, Hil! So excited for you as well! You'll have to come visit your nieghbors more often once the 28th comes :)